Skills Required

HTML | JavaScript | CSS | MangoDB
Project Details
Hello, I need a custom backend/frontend website. The goal is to repurpose an online, open-source forum into a task/project management app. Here are the two things that I will supply you with: The original source code for the project I want you to modify, and a UI template that I want you to use. The original source code is made up of Javascript (Node.js), EJS, HTML, and CSS. The Database to be used is MongoDB. The existing project may ask for a Mailgun API key, please be prepared to create one just for the sake of setting the project up. The UI template that I would like you to use is made up of Javascript, SCSS, and HTML.
The goal of this project is to transform the backend of the source code to a Kanban type project manager. You should create a fully functional user profile page. On that user profile page, there should be a link to an individual assignment center with the Kanban layout. Note that there should be an individual assignment center for each member. You should repurpose the “threads” of the forum to the Kanban assignments.
You should repurpose the badges component of the forum to roles. There should be three roles: Administrator, Project Manager, Staff Member, and Unverified. The Administrator should have access to all components of the website. The Project Manager should be able to view, add/remove tasks from a Staff member. The Staff Member should be able to see their own assignment center. Staff Members should be able to move the assignment in different categories throughout the Kanban board. Staff Members should not be able to create or edit new assignments.
You should be able to use existing models and routes, as well as creating new models and routes. An example of new models you should create are tags and due dates. Upon the creation modal of a new assignment in the Kanban, Project Managers and Administrators should be able to set a due date, as well as tags the assignment belongs to.
This will be a very hard and confusing task! If you require more payment than the listed hourly payment, please contact me. I will specify all of these even more upon acceptance of the job.
